FCBI Energy Ltd (also referred to as “FCBI ENERGY”, “we”, “our” and “us”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, such as your name, address or contact details (“personal information”) then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The term “process” means any activity relating to personal information, including, by way of example, collection, storage, use, consultation and transmission.
FCBI ENERGY is the data controller of your personal information.
This means that we make decisions about how and why we process your personal information, and, because of this, we are responsible for making sure it is used in accordance with data protection laws.
Personal Information We Collect
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and personalised experience while using our services.
We collect different types of personal information about you when you visit our website, purchase something from us or otherwise communicate or engage with us. We also obtain some personal information from other sources and create some personal information ourselves.
If you wish to book a pass to our events, in order to fulfil your booking and let you know of any future events that may be of interest to you, we may ask you to provide us with your contact information, as well as your demographic information and areas of professional interests.
Free business intelligence
If you request to receive content from us, we will ask you to provide us with your name and email address so we can send this to you.
When you use our website, we collect non-personally identifying information such as page response times, download errors or your browser type and version. We also collect personal information such as your IP address, user names, passwords or other log-in information.
Information obtained from or provided by third parties
Third party organisations from whom you have recently engaged with or bought a product from sometimes provide us with your personal information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and gender. We may use this information to contact you about our products and services that we think you would find useful.
Using Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information such as your name and email address to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting where you have consented to receive such emails. We may collect this information directly from you or from publicly available sources.
From time to time, we may also use your name, email address, postal address or telephone number to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will use your name, email address, job title and demographic information and other relevant information in order to fulfil your booking.
What lawful basis do we rely upon?
We must always have a “lawful basis” (i.e. a legal reason, prescribed by law) for processing your personal information. We rely on one of the following reasons when processing your personal information:
Our Legitimate interest
Sometimes it is in our legitimate interest to process your personal information. This may be when:
• We process your browser information and log-in details in connection with the functionality of our website.
• We use profiling in order to improve our services and personalise your experience when visiting our website (you have the right to object to this type of processing – please see below “Your Rights”).
• We may share your personal information in the event of a proposed sale, restructuring, transfer or merging of any or all parts of our business, including to respond to queries from the prospective buyer or merging organisation.
Necessary to perform a contract with you
Processing of your personal information may be necessary to perform a contract with you, for example when we process your name, telephone number, email address and payment information in order to provide you with subscription content or provide our services to you.
In certain circumstances, we may be under a legal obligation to process your personal information. Examples of this include:
• Disclosing your contact details, including your name, telephone number and email address in order to comply with instructions, orders and requests from law enforcement agencies, any court or otherwise as required by law.
• Maintaining your contact details in records that are required by law to evidence our compliance with laws, including consumer protection laws and data protection laws.
Personal Information We Share and Why
From time to time, we may ask third parties to carry out certain business functions for us, such as IT support. These third parties will process your personal information on our behalf.
We will disclose your personal information to these parties so that they can perform those functions. Before we disclose your personal information to these third parties, we will seek to ensure that they have appropriate security standards in place to protect your personal information.
Security of Your Personal Information
We will take specific steps (as required by applicable data protection laws) to ensure we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from unlawful or unauthorised processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for a limited period of time and for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we are processing it for. This will depend on a number of factors, including:
• Any laws or regulations that we are required to follow
• Whether we are in a legal or other type of dispute with each other or any third party
• The type of information that we hold about you
• Whether we are asked by you or a regulatory authority to keep your personal information
Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do decide to withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your personal information for that purpose, unless there is another lawful basis we can rely on – in which case, we will let you know.
Where our processing of your personal information is based on our legitimate interests, you can object to this processing at any time. If you do this, we will need to show either a compelling reason why our processing should continue, which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms or that the processing is necessary for us to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to that processing.
You also have the right to (subject to applicable laws and certain limitations):
• access your personal information and to be provided with certain information in relation to it, such as the purpose for which it is processed, the persons to whom it is disclosed and the period for which it will be stored;
• require us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information without undue delay;
• require us to erase your personal information;
• require us to restrict processing of your personal information;
• receive the personal information which you have provided to us, in a machine-readable format, where we are processing it on the basis of your consent or because it is necessary for your contract with us and where the processing is automated; and
• object to a decision that we make which is based solely on automated processing of your personal information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority (in the UK this would be the Information Commissioner’s Office, for example. However, if you do have a reason to complain then please let us know so that we can investigate.
Where You Can Find Out More